Keep up with Mike of the Brigada Mariposa biking around the Americas!

Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm sorry Guatemala

but we just can´t be together. I know you are very beautiful and well dressed. I still want to soak in your lovely hotspings and swim in your lakes. Climb your pyramids. It´s just that, well, you´ve got a serious blight and I can't really deal with it any more. Your cars and buses have choked me too often. Your road construction has made my life miserable. You're killing your forests and polluting your rivers. How did it get like this? You were once so much more green - where did all those trees go? Only 30% left? And why did you pollute 80% of your rivers? You made me very sick with that dirty water - I felt like a river myself. cold and cascading.

by the time that you read this I will already be gone. I will have snuck out abruptly in the early morning, riding (shudder) one of those loco vans. Back to Mexico and the mountains of Chiapas. No more Guatemala. I'm bailing. You showed me some nice people, steep climbs, and the highest point of my trip! You abused me though. Oh and how. I wish you luck, Guatemala, I really do. Maybe one day we can be friends, but for now I need my space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home