Keep up with Mike of the Brigada Mariposa biking around the Americas!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Vamos Manana

After many delays and more preparation, we are finally ready to embark on our adventure. The nature of adventures includes some profoundly wonderful moments as well as some miserable suffering - this should be acknowledged openly. We will conquer mountain peaks and be punished by the elements, but what we seek is adventure and that's what we're sure to get. We all go with our own intentions and expectations about this trip, and I can only relate my own (albeit incompletely). I aim to travel to experience the otherness that so many fear but I know is beautiful and complete. I will be guided by love and will treat all whom I meet with respect and warm regards. This will help me to serve as an ambassador of my people who get a bad rap by being complacent in a bad system with a bad government. I hope to gain knowledge of how people live in different environments and social contexts, speaking different languages, eating different food and impacting the world differently.

I look forward to sharing thoughts and stories with the people I will meet and with those who read the ones I hope to post here. So begins our journey, a 2-3 day ride through southern Arizona to Naco, where we will cross into Mexico, a land I have studied but never truly experienced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home